Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Article Blog

My position on big box stores is that I am for them. I feel that big box stores are an inevitable transition that America will face at one time or another. Although I do believe that there are many problems with big box stores i strongly believe in Social Darwinism. Social Darwinism, which is the fittest survive, is what America and this world have lived by. So why stop now?

An article to help my position is an article from the National Post. The article is called "Recovery latest hurdle for Wal-Mart; Fickle Shoppers" by Denis Dyomkin. In this article Dyomkin explains how Wal-Mart will help the recovery of America's economic troubles. Dyomkin also uses many different financial experts to help back his claim. One expert, Bill Smead, quotes, "The market share that they grabbed in this consumer recession can translate into more sales growth and higher-margin product sales when consumer confidence does come back and the economy improves". Overall i will use this article to help back my position for big box stores.

2 comments:

  1. You have some valid points that I did not think of when I took the opposite position for this paper. Although, I will continue to stay with the opposite position you argument is true and very persuasive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That article has valid views and points. I am against Wal-Mart's standing position in this economy though. I do believe they should have the freedom to be successful and do what they can to keep that, but not by doing illegal things such as hiring alien immigrants. I also feel that they should stop being so cheap and ripping off America's tax payers so heavily.

    ReplyDelete